Like Duck to Water, thats how I have taken to life :). This blog is the saga of love and adventures of a small duck in a large water body called LIFE....

********************************************************************************************* Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers *********************************************************************************************
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers *********************************************************************************************

Monday, February 04, 2008

And then there were three..


Today's post is special. Two reasons. One, this is the 200th post :). Two, today is our 3rd wedding anniversary :).

First the blog (not that its more important, just to get that out of the way ;-) :-D). 200 seems unbelievable. I know I don't write that frequently. I am certainly not one of those who update their blog daily. But I have made it a point to put up a post atleast once every 4-5 days. These days, even that is getting difficult. One reason is that the ideas all are scattered and I don't really get the time to group them together. And then even if I somehow manage that, I never have the time to type a big post. And to think, big posts used to be my specialities :-D. But nevertheless, I'm glad I have this space to vent out whatever I am feeling at that particular moment. I'm glad that my parents read it and I get ample (actually more than ample :-D) feedback. I'm glad that I have written for so long and hope to continue for as long as possible :).

Coming to the anniversary, I know I have always said that I didn't know how it'd be after I got married. But this time its different. Three years ago if you had asked me, what I expected after 3 years of marriage, this is exactly what I'd have predicted :). We wanted to have a baby after 2 years and at the third year be proud parents. And we have Snigdha :). She's simply a joy to be around. She is now about 1.5 months old and smiles/laughs unexpectedly now and then..




She gets startled at sounds and stares intently at faces..




She watches anything that moves (includes people moving from here to there) and its like Sri and I are reliving a part of our childhood that we ourselves don't remember ;-) :-D.




Many a time, I have wondered what goes on in that tiny head of hers. Is it just "wet" or "hungry" or is it a whole lot of things that she is not able to express? Its plain amazing to watch her grow. Whats more amazing is the fact that her stomach is only as big as my hand and still can cause so much havoc :-D. She has started to flail her arms and kick her legs vigorously. I'm sure in no time, she'll be turning over and then crawling all over the place! Sri and I are really happy to have her. Everything feels exactly right - right place and right time :).

And then there is Sri. The man never ceases to amaze me! In two years I have seen him grow as a husband. I have seen him adjust to my idiosyncrasies and learn to deal with my tantrums :-D. I have simply seen him being the gem he is all the time :). Now I'm seeing a whole new facet of the man - the father.




He's oh-so-patient with Snuggles (well, I can always argue that he's not the one feeding her :-D) and its indescribable to see him with her. I sometimes even get jealous of the attention he bestows upon her :-D :)). He holds her/rocks her cradle for hours and seemingly simply cannot get enough of her :). And it makes me all teary-eyed ;-). 3 years ago, I never imagined I'd still be feeling this way about him - all mushy and gooey inside whenever I see him :-D. I guess the love is still growing and going strong :).

As for me, you know me. I'm the same old me - mostly happy, getting frustrated now and then, but basically living in the moment, enjoying what life has given me so far and very very much in love with my family. Always and forever are big words, but I hope to be this way as long as I live..

To reduce some of the sappiness in the post and also to keep up with my trend of putting comics, here's a Calvin and Hobbes strip on marriage ;-) :-D (click for a larger version).



And here's another one, go Suzy!!




5 Comments:


Timepass retorted...

Happy Anniversary. Snigdha looks very cute in all pics..


BZ retorted...

Happy Anniversary Deepthi. Baby looks super cute! :--)


Altoid retorted...

Deepthi

Happy Anniversary, and congrats on the 200th post.
BTW : you're tagged :D.


~nm retorted...

Happy anniversary!

Snigdha looks just so cute!!


Unknown retorted...

thanks for the pics. snigdha is adorable, and so is that pic of hers with her dad.

wishing you many more happy times :)